Bok choy might not sound like it tastes that great, but this simple veggie is one of my favorites.
I love the crunchiness you get from the stalk and the ends that remind me of spinach. This dish you can prepare as a side dish or eat it alone with some brown rice.
The spicy flavor gives it a kick that is definitely filling for a meal, so let me know what you think.
Ingredients for 1 Serving
- A pinch sesame seeds, don’t over do this amound
- 4 heads baby bok choy, I used a small box from Trader Joe’s
- 1 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili oil
If you don’t want this to be spice, don’t add in the chili oil or red pepper flakes
In a small fry pan over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds alone until golden brown and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove.
all photos by Marianna Hewitt