As much as I love to work, I really enjoy the free time I have. As the weekend approaches, I anticipate all the things I can do to unwind over the weekend and I wanted to share some of my favorite relaxing things to do in Los Angeles.
If you are visiting Los Angeles, you may think of this place as Hollywood where it is all celebrity and party … but the life I live here is far from that. There are so many great things to do in LA that don’t involve the glitz and glam and in my free time here are some places I love to visit and things I love to do.
- Visit The Grove for shopping, movies and lots of foods to try at the Farmer’s Market
- Sunday Mornings, visit a local Farmer’s Market. My favorites are Larchmont and Melrose Place
- Take a trip to the Rose Bowl Flea Market, be sure to check their calendar for specific dates
- Walk around the Santa Monica Pier and Third Street Promenade
- Go to Fairfax Trading Post for good vintage finds and cool sunglasses, also Sunday Mornings
- Wake up early and take a hike at Runyon Canyon (before 8am) or Griffith Observatory for a beautiful view of Los Angeles
- Visit one of our many museums, LACMA is cool but The Getty is BEAUTIFUL
- Eat lunch on 3rd Street or La Brea (favs are Joans on Third and The Sycamore Kitchen)
Hopefully this will give you some relaxing things to do on your next visit to LA. What’s your favorite West Coast activity?
Photo by Jared Thomas Photography