I can’t promise these are all the right answers, just what has worked for me personally or others that I know. If you have more questions leave a comment below! I hope this helps you in your journey to blogging!
- Many companies reach out directly. A great way to reach out to a brand is to post a photo of you wearing or using their product on your blog and social media and follow up after you have posted.
- I don’t have a strategy. But I do know what works well on my page. By using sites like Iconosquare, you can sort your images by the most number of likes and comments and see what photos you post get the most engagement from your followers. Once you know that, you can start posting more of those types of posts and photos to ensure that engagement remains at that level.
@alicia_raee: Hey girl, Ive been trying to start a blog forever, I just have no idea where to even start. Between needing a photographer and getting a following and affording new clothes frequently to blog about! @marianna_hewitt
- The best thing to do is just to start! Once you start you can see where to go next. The most important thing is good photography but this doesn’t mean you need to hire a photographer. Invest in a camera and have a friend take photos for you. You can watch youtube videos about basic photo skills to get a great pic and use items you already have in your closet! As it grows, you can invest more into your blog but no need to spend any money in the beginning.
@alyssa___camille: When u film, do u use special lighting? And if u could post some of your editing favorites for a mac that would be phenomenal!
- I use a ring light and two soft boxes, I also sit in front of a window to try and get as much natural light as possible.
- Your site is incredible and is so cohesive and has incredible photography! You are already a success!! (IF YOU HAVEN’T SEE HER SITE YET CHECK IT OUT!)
- Use your existing social media followers as a base to send traffic to your site. You can also collaborate with other bloggers who have a similar audience and following as you. You can trade posts or share links on social media to help send each others followers, to the others site. This helps a LOT! For photo collages I use photoshop.
- I mentioned in a previous question the best way to get new traffic is to trade posts with other bloggers with similar followings! You can tweet links for each other or share posts on each others sites to send traffic from one audience to the other. Kind of like when one girl #WCW another girl on Instagram to send them their followers!
- Sign up for a site on wordpress, download a theme and just start writing!
- There are so many sites, so you have to just make yours different and unique somehow! Find a way to add in your personality or individuality to make it stand out from others just like yours.
- It is very difficult. I think there is an assumption that having a blog is easy and it is NOT. It takes a lot of time to sit down and put together a post from photos, editing, writing and uploading. Make a goal of doing a post a week if you can and if the other things in your life aren’t giving you the time to blog, focus on where you are most passionate. If you don’t feel like blogging or it is rushed, it is better to not post at all.
- I’m not sure what the question is, you want to achieve your goal and your goal is to help people by inspiring them? I think the best way to do that is to lead by example. If you site is to help others in fields like dating, work etc reach out to experts in those fields and interview them and post them on your site to give your readers advice on those subjects. I hope this helps I kind of am confused by your question!
- Best way to get people to click is to ask!
- By using your current social media following is a great place to start. Also look for girls on youtube that have the same or a little more subscribers than you and collaborate together on a video where you can link the other person’s page to help build each other’s audience.
- The best advice I have is just to start. I took time to think of a name and find a good template that I liked. I just started posted and the more I posted, the better vision I got for what I wanted it to look like and what posts to do. Use a program like google analytics to see what posts perform the best and do more posts like that!
- Spend time on it! I spend so many hours by myself with a computer editing photos, filming videos, writing posts. It really is a full time job but if you commit to it and spend enough time on it … like anything in life … it will show results!
- Pilates and no fast food!
- I use FinalCut Pro. For intros, I make them on my own by splitting clips and using black backgrounds and text.
- I was lucky enough to have a decent social media following when I started my site and that made it easy to drive traffic. As I became more active on my blog and youtube, my followers grew as I shoutouted myself out on there all the time!
@melinapizanoox: First things first, what’s the best way to create a blog? I created a blog but it was with Google, but I would love to have my own .com
- I really like wordpress!
- It depends what you want your site to be, I often do requests and when I get a lot of the same one that makes it easy to decide what to post next. Or I post things that are going on in my life, tutorials of looks I am using frequently, or if something is seasonal thinking ahead to post something for that. Right now I am working on Holiday posts and tutorials for Holiday parties. Some people work off an editorial calendar, I do a little of that and a little of what comes to mind. I try to balance it between outfit posts, beauty videos and a little travel.
- For instagram I use an iPhone for almost all my photos unless otherwise credited to a photographer like Clara Bella Photo or Jared Thomas Photography. Lighting is the most important thing to remember when taking photos, I never shoot a picture of myself or anything in direct sunlight. To edit my photos I use snap seed and VSCO for filters. I have a video to explain more if you want to see how I edit instagram pictures.
- RewardStyle is a program with widgets to have photos to direct you to those links.
- I never ask people to comment that is really organic. But if you want to get more engagement, you can finish your posts or videos with a question to have your readers leave comments like “What videos do you want to see more?” or for this post I could ask “Leave a comment if you have any more questions!”
- I’ve only ever used wordpress and I like it a lot. It is really easy to google new widgets to add new things to your site and it can all be done by yourself without having to hire a web developer.
- For editing photos I use Aperature. If they are taken by a photographer, they are sent to me already edited.
- I usually choose 2-4 photos per post and I pick my favorite ones and make sure they show full body and some detail.