The last thing you want to do after a long day is to wash your face before going to sleep. It seems so simple, but all of us have had those nights when you just want to crash before taking it all off. But naked skin really is the best thing to wear to bed and is a vital part of a good skincare routine.
Here are some reasons to always remove your makeup before going to bed:
- It can ruin your completion for weeks
- Clogs pores during key time for skin rejuvenation. Help stop this by using a Swisspers cotton round and a toner to really cleanse your skin, even after washing your face
- Your face needs to naturally exfoliate and it does this by shedding skin during sleep. By not washing your face before bed, it stops skin from removing dead skin cells
- Not removing eye makeup could cause eye irritation and infection. Your eyelashes can even become brittle and break by leaving mascara on over night. To prevent this, I always use a Swisspers cotton swab with oil free eye makeup remover to take off any left over eye makeup especially lash glue
- Not washing your face before bed can lead to uneven skin texture
If you haven’t seen my get unready with me video, I take you through all the steps of my evening routine. The most important part is to use cotton rounds with a toner to cleanse your skin or a q-tip to remove any excess makeup.
If you want to ask me any of my skincare questions, I’ll be LIVE Tweeting as part of National Sleep Naked Night on May 17th from 7-10 p.m. ET. You can learn about my skin care and beauty secrets and win beauty prizes.
To submit their beauty questions, you can tweet me directly @Marianna_Hewitt or before hand by clicking here by May 15th. If I answer your question live during the event, you’ll win a makeup bag full of beauty products! (So hint hint, as me tons of questions!)
Another prize to win is to post a makeup free selfie – after you remove your makeup for a chance to win a $1,000 Visa® gift card. You must use #SleepNaked to enter and post between 5/11 to 6/20.